Switching from ASP to JSP/PHP

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:33:54 -0400

PHP is a *lot* less over head (much easier to install). JSP (for me) is easier to use in on a java team (everyone can help with the code). Java tends to scale better (though I'm interested in seeing how the new PHP scales). hmmm one day I should capture all this down. Basically my advise is for just converting us PHP.

Carl P.
From: Tom Achtenberg <toma@fh.org>
Date: 2002/06/14 Fri PM 05:05:18 EDT
To: "'PLUG Email list'" <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Subject: Switching from ASP to JSP/PHP

Just wondering if any of you have any experience in switching from using ASP pages on SQL Server to using either JSP or PHP on Apache with PostgreSQL?  Would it be better to just keep the ASP and use something like ChiliSoft on the Apache?  Which is easier to learn JSP or ASP for someone with a basis in ASP?

Tom Achtenberg
Developer, Information Technologies
Food for the Hungry / US
(480) 609-7750 (voice)