install fest suggestion

Alpha Zenon Sanchez plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:44:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Linux Users -

I was wondering if anyone cared to give demonstrations
on the proper way of compiling a Linux Kernel during
the installfest (I'm looking forward to it btw). I'm
starting get a 'feel' for Linux, and I've read
HOW_TO's
and various articles on compiling, but they're all
different. I've downloaded articles from ZDNET and
techrepublic as well. These articles say different
things which would confuse a Linux beginner.

My thinking is that some people that will show up at
the intallfest are Linux 'newbies' and would jump at
a chance to watch Linux users who have been doing this
a while demonstrate some Linux skills.

Besides Kernal compiling and basic bash commands, what
else should a Linux user know?

Thanks in advance

-Alpha

=====