Plug logo

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:11:28 -0700

Quoting slr <zen2now@qwest.net>:

> ok i sent the png image to my graphic guy, we will refer to him from now on
> as
> "Austin" (the name has been changed to protect his innocence), and this was
>
> his response:
>
> this is the same .gif inside of a .png document...
>
> vector images are made of lines and math, keeping high quality no matter
> how large or small you resize the image.
>
> raster images are made of many many dots or pixels of only 257 different
> colors, so when you enlarge these images, they get choppy or "pixilated"
<SNIP>

You might want to look at Ewing's site http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/
for a vector (EPS) of TUX.

I think it would easy to remake a 300dpi logo from scratch using that, adding
text (the font above and below Tux is Bauhaus93, I think), and finding some
nice vector catcus artwork. The logo on the website is not of high enough
resolution to go out to print.

Dennis Kibbe

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/