New Notebook Recommendations?

Mike Butash plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:35:48 -0700

-mbutash

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Logan
Kennelly
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 12:24 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: New Notebook Recommendations?

I am looking into buying a new notebook computer for use as a
general-purpose machine.  One of my primary uses on the old laptop was
for testing new *nix systems (FreeBSD, various distributions of Linux,
etc.).

I am considering buying from PC Club (www.pcclub.com), but if anybody
else has any suggestions, I am willing to listen.

The question I am more interested in, however, is whether I should go
with an Intel or an AMD mobile processor.  Intel seems to have some very
nice features for their mobile line, but I have been unable to locate
some good comparisons of the two.  If somebody on the list has
researched this item, I would love to hear from you.

Thank you ahead of time.

PS: I would really love an Apple system, but then I couldn't use it as
test bed.  Still, if someone can sell me on Mac OS X . . .

PPS: I am sorry that I butchered the English language in the above message.
I am hungry, and my brain is not working properly.

--
						Logan Kennelly
      ,,,