Multimedia Creation Software

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:33:47 -0700

Quoting Mike <meg@lilly.csoft.net>:

>  I seem to recall a small program on my old Debian boxes
>  that recorded everything you did on the terminal session.
>  I wish I could remember the name of it tho'???????????
> MAybe that would be a starting point?
>

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 02:53:19PM -0500, Derek Neighbors wrote:
>  For GNU Enterprise I have been working on some tutorial guides and such.
>  Generally it is much harder to write documentation showing how to do
>  things than to show someone, especially in a highly visual environment.
>
>  What I would love to do is have a program record all the actions on my
>  screen and record my voice at the same time.  This way I could give a
>  presentation, much the way we do at PLUG and at the end I would have an
>  electronic 'video' that I could post on the net as a 'tutorial guide'
>
>  I would love to do this for classes for PLUG as well.  Anyone know of any
>  Free Software that does something like this?
>
>  -Derek

This sounds close -

RapidBuilder for Linux v1.0, a Linux-based simulation tool that enables
developers to capture and edit live Linux desktop sessions in order to produce
interactive, multimedia Linux simulations.

http://www.xstreamsoftware.com/news_rblinux.htm

I found some other software based on Flash or Java as well.

What you want, of course, is something like Lotus ScreenCam but for Linux.

Dennis Kibbe

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/