code red virus?

User plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 00:18:36 -0700

Lately we have noticed that our friendly firewall is taking hits  from
what seems to be Russia. At least today it seems to be Russia.
Novoisvirsk, it seems like, according to traceroute.
I don't know a whole lot about probes like this but am thankful to you
folks for your guidance with regard to firewalls.

Is there something that we can do with regard to this type of thing?
Maybe, just track them down for fun. Where would be a good place to
start reading about this sort of thing.

We trace routed them throught 25 hops to 217.70.107.151

p151.rnttu.sinor.ru was the last hop on the list.

Thank you
Roger