XP/Linux dual boot

Matt plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 01:50:19 -0700

So today I went out to Fry's and bought Windows XP, because I need Windows
for a few things. I installed XP, and all went well. I prodded it for a few
minutes, then restarted with my SuSE Linux 8.0 CD in. I just went with the
default settings it gave me. It said it was going to delete the NTFS
partition, but I'd heard Linux works well with Windows, so I assumed that
the folks at SuSE knew what they were doing. Apparently I was wrong. Linux
installed fine, but when I restarted the computer to see if all was OK, I
found out that it wasn't. Windows shows up as an option in LILO, but it
merely goes to a black screen with white text that says "Loading Windows..."
What is it that I did wrong, and what should I do after I fdisk it all and
start repeating the same process?