Voice Your Opinion RE: Microsoft Enterprise Agreement

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:26:56 -0700

I sent my two cents to a few leg. and I got a couple replys back. Here they
are, maybe if we get a ton of people to write in to these two...

~~~~~~~
Sandi Wilson - OMBX <SWilson@mail.maricopa.gov>

Nathan: My name is Sandi Wilson.  I am the Deputy County Administrator for
Maricopa County.  The budget for Maricopa County will be presented to the
Board of Supervisors on June 17th with the tentative budget approved on that
day.  Final budget adoption will occur on July 22.  That is the date set for
the public hearing, as well.  The budget has money reserved for an
enterprise agreement, but it will not be appropriated (or approved) with the
adoption of the budget.  So . . . the Board will consider this item at a
later date, if the Chief Information Officer decides to proceed with this
item.

Regarding the agreement itself, I will direct that question to the CIO's
Office.

Thank you for your interest in the budget.

Sandi Wilson
Deputy County Administrator
Office of Management and Budget

~~~~~~~~~~
Paul Allsing - EGOVX <PAllsing@mail.maricopa.gov>

Mr. England,

My name is Paul Allsing.  I am the Deputy CIO for Maricopa County.  I have
received and reviewed your comments on the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement.
Thank you for your input into this issue.  We have and will continue to
consider all options to best meet the County's computing needs.  I will
retain your note for reference purposes, and bear in mind the issues you
have raised relative to the possible applicability of Open Source software
at Maricopa County.

Thank you for your interest in the County's technology plans.

Paul Allsing
Deputy CIO
Maricopa County
301 W Jefferson, Suite 420
Phoenix, AZ 85003

Maybe they are templates they have sent to everyone who writes them about the
topic, but they sound interested in me enough to respect their reply.