Windows and Linux

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:10:24 -0400

My experience with vmware is very positive.  Issues with vmware:
- I cannot listen to Internet Radio at kccnfm100.com.  Even with four
new software
downloads, three reboots (virtual), and 2 crashes, all I got was static.
- vmware does not do streaming media via USB.  Want to use a USB
camera?  Forget it.
- vmware with sound is usually preceeded with a loud pop.
- vmware does not support directx very well (if at all).

Other than that, it lets me do my taxes, browse using IE 5.5, and gives
me blue screens,
just like the real thing.

George