sftp

Kevin Buettner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:00:04 -0700

On Jun 10, 12:29pm, Carl Parrish wrote:

> Does anyone know of an application that gives you an ncftp "like"
> interface to sftp?  I need to move a *lot* of directories and so far
> haven't figured out an easy way to do this with sftp.

I know it's not the answer you were hoping for, but have you considered
creating a tarball on the source machine, copying it with scp (or sftp)
and then untarring it on the destination machine?

If the directories that you're copying are all within the same hierarchy,
you could also use "scp -r -p" too.  (I still think transferring an archive
will be faster though.)

Kevin