peeking into stdin (programing question)

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 08 Jun 2002 17:10:09 -0700

Nick Estes wrote:

> Use select or poll (I prefer poll personally, but they both work)

ok... this works except I cannot see or read the character until I type
a CR.  How do I set stdin to be RAW (similar to ncursers cbreak)?

I tried modifying the file descriptor with:

    if (-1 == fcntl(fileno(stdin), F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK|O_NDELAY)) /* and
tried it without delay */
      return 1;

and reopending stdin with:

  in = open ("/dev/stdin", O_RDONLY| O_NONBLOCK | O_NDELAY);

but I'm still unable to get info back until I type a RETURN.

  EBo --