fstab help

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:27:54 -0700

Does it work if you mount the share 'by hand' (mount -t smbfs -o
username=foo,password=bar //mutt/d /mnt/mutt_d)?  You show a "userid" option
in your fstab.  Is that a typo?  I believe that should be "username."  Do
you have the smbfs module compiled (lsmod | grep smbfs)?  Is smbfs a valid
fstype (grep smbfs /proc/filesystems)?  Is the D:\ drive on Mutt a hidden
share?  If so, try putting a $ after the remote filesystem column in the
fstab (//mutt/d$).  Does smbclient -L mutt -U <username> show that Mutt has
that share available?

~Jeff

On Thursday, June 06, 2002 11:42 PM, Tom Achtenberg sent: