firewall

robert jorgenson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 18:36:27 -0700

Ok i got this P1 200 mhz box here i want to turn into a firewall, its got a floppy drive and a 2 gig HD(couldn't find anything smaller), a 3com NIC, a realtek NIC, 64 megs of RAM and i was wondering what would be a good small firewall distro that i could install without a cdrom. Right now my setup is like this ...

                                            Parents Wintendo Box
                                          /
Internet--qwest gateway box--4 port hub--[
                                          \
                                            8 port hub--My main box

Im thinking it would be best to put the firewall infront of the first 4 port hub but my parents are wierd and i doubt they would let me do that, so i will probably be putting it in front of my hub. I really just want something to keep unwanted things out of my box. Plus i also want to set up a web/ftp/email server sometime in the near future but thats soemthing else alltogether :) Any help is apreciated thanks :)