sound and XMMS

mazdaracer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 16:18:21 -0700

I prefer to use the IceWM due to it's quick interface, at least on
startup, and I don't really care about the desktop that much. However,
when I try to use XMMS it doesn't always work. I can get it to work
sometimes by starting in the KDE or Gnome WM, running XMMS and it's ok.
Then I switch back to Ice and XMMS is ok there too. However, after I
re-boot, the sound is once again gone from Ice and I have to go thru the
same KDE -> Ice to 'see' it again. Anyone had similiar problems? Or is
there something better than XMMS? I'd personnally like to get Route66
up, but haven't had the time yet.

pete