eBay Listing

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:32:08 -0700

Quoting "Bryce C." <plug@bryceco.net>:

> This is the sort of thing that gives linux a bad rep or confuses people
> about linux.  Just look at the category it's under!  I'm not saying the
> entire listing is wrong or bad but the top part is misleading to the
> inexperienced.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2028970463
>
> Just My Little Vent,
> Bryce C.

I really can't find objection to this listing. Most of the info is copies from
the Mandrake site and they even offer free tech support. True, they could have
listed the auction under the OS catagory, but I find it less objectionable then
people selling Windows boot disks for the same price.

Looks like a small business www.linuxpcshop.com using eBay to get their name
out. They won't care if the item sells as long as it draws traffic to the
(unfinished) website.

Dennis Kibbe

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/