RH 7.X

bob smith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 15:10:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gerald Winkler <drghastly@cox.net> wrote:
> Hmm. I was wondering how you switch from a default
> desktop of Gnome to KDE?

Hi Gerald,
From your question I'm just assuming that you already
have KDE installed.

If that's the case you'll find a dotfile (hidden file)
in your home directory called '.xinitrc'. Do 'ls -a'
so that it'll show up.

Then you want to use your favorite editor and edit
that file. Add the line 'startkde' at the first line.
Exit Gnome if you are using it and run 'startx' at the
console. Then hopefully you should be staring at the
KDE desktop.

If this doesn't work. Wait for someone else to post a
much better explanation on how to get this done :).