We need a show system

charlie bullen plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:17:30 -0700

I'm working on just such a system to use at work. The owner of the company is
quite interested. To date I have been using my own box to run linux at work
as an individual workstation. This weekend I did a K12LTSP install with mixed
sucess, but I'm certian that it will soon work.  Once it works on my box,
he'll have to spring foe a new box and I'll have mine available again.

One additional idea. In addition to some terminals running off the server, I'd
suggest running samba as well with a windows box on the system so that a
person could for example create a word file on Win98, save it to a share on
the samba server, open the file in linux with open office. Create it in open
office, open it in windows etc. This would demonstrate a good migration path.

Charlie