Redhat 7.2 installation hosed?

Miles Beck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:41:39 -0700

Hello,

As I said in a previous note I am new to Linux and dealing with the steep
learning curve.

Last night I used the update agent to upgrade to the latest apache. Now I am
unable to see some of the pages I used to before when trying to configure
the server. Previously I backed up the Linux hard drive with Norton Ghost
2001 thinking it supported the linux file system. I hope it DOES support it,
but after trying to restore the image to the hard drive I get a kernel
panic. Is there any way to fix this or is the installation hosed?

The error is below:

Mounting root filesystem
EXT3-fs: journal inode is deleted.
mount: error 22 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 232K freed
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

Thanks