FotR DVD 09Aug2002

Tom Snell plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:50:22 -0700

Logan Kennelly wrote:

>On Monday 29 July 2002 05:01 pm, der.hans wrote:
>
>>I'm probably the last person to know this, but the DVD goes on sale
>>09Aug2002.
>>
>>Hmm, that's the day after the east side PLUG meeting on clustering.
>>
>>Anyone know of a place that'll start selling the DVD at midnight?
>>
>>Who wants to go get the DVD after the meeting?
>>

>http://www.kia.com/060402.shtml

Ummm.....marketing a movie based on an epic fantasy, in turn based upon
the earliest epic poetry and legends of the Isle of Britain, in
conjunction with a South Korean automobile company??  My cognitive
disconnect just imploded....   Where were the British automakers when
this deal was cut?  Perhaps, being a New Zealand production, they gave
first dibs to the Pacific Rim countries.  Well, you'd think a movie
about Hobbits would at least have wanted to be partnered with the new
Mini!!!