Bandersnatch, Anti-Spam, Debian

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:19:24 -0500 (CDT)

apt-get install spamassassin

or

apt-get install razor

There are several guides to configuring spam assassin for debian (not sure
how good they are) one seems to say get the source (instead of the Debian
package which is not the way to do it. :), but the article could have been
written before teh package was available.)

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim4_spamassassin.html
http://bogmog.sourceforge.net/document_show.php3?doc_id=28

Certainly if you do this exercise please make a step by step guide.  I
think PLUG should be posting step by step guides from its members and
setting up a mechanism for other members to comment on it.

This would

a. Increase knowledge by sharing information. (in easy to find manner w/o
clogging the list.
b. Give people new to PLUG or outside who has experience in doing what to
be better resources.
c. Shows people real strengths of PLUG.
d. By allowing comments, might even help those submitting the information
get more knowledge.

I have started to do this for things I find my self doing more and more.
Generally I write things in my journal and use that as self reference but
more and more I find myself w/o my journal and so I started putting them
in digital format I could get from anywhere.  It has been helpful just to
myself. :)  I was going to put on my personal website (so I could could
easily get at them, but I would rather put them on PLUG if its interested
in such a thing.

The two I recently added and could probably dig up were...

1. Converting from ext2 to ext3. (non journaling to journaling)
2. Converting from lilo to GRUB.

Thoughts?

-Derek