Printing woes in mandrake 8.2

Will Johnson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:15:02 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C23407.320C2F70

Anyone out there having trouble printing with mandy 8.2? I have used the =
kde print tool and everything looks as if it should work, it just =
doesn't. I have verified that the printer works fine. It is an hp =
photosmart p1000. kde found the right driver in its list and applied it. =
It has a name and port address. I did however get a pop-up screen when =
finalizing the config that said:(in Kmail) kde has logeed a request to =
access local host on port 631 but requires a password. It brings up my =
local login name and when I use my password it kicks it back as invalid. =
Any Ideas on how to solve this?

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C23407.320C2F70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV>Anyone out there having trouble printing with mandy 8.2? I have =
used the=20
kde print tool and everything looks as if it should work, it just =
doesn't. I=20
have verified that the printer works fine. It is an hp photosmart p1000. =
kde=20
found the right driver in its list and applied it. It has a name and =
port=20
address. I did however get a pop-up screen when finalizing the config =
that=20
said:(in Kmail) kde has logeed a request to access local host on port =
631 but=20
requires a password. It brings up my local login name and when I use my =
password=20
it kicks it back as invalid. Any Ideas on how to solve=20
this?</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C23407.320C2F70--