West Side Meeting Recap

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 06:39:54 -0700

> I was going to mention this, but figured that since
> noone else brought it up at the meeting, I must have
> been wrong in my assumption that there was an
> accounting component. My apologies.
> http://www.gnuenterprise.org/
> http://www.gnuenterprise.org/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=14

Well the accounting package doesnt exist.  The framework is solid and
some package specifications exist but not the packages.  A few
exceptions are we have adopted existing projects and are converting them
to the GNUe Framework.

DCL - Project Management / Help Desk
NOLA - Accounting (plus more)

are two such instances of this.

> How is it on the user friendliness front? It looks
> like GNUe targets enterprise level companies.
> QuickBooks is nice for people who don't know much
> about accounting, and can't afford an accountant.

We are not all for pretty widgets and fluff.  It makes life easier when
one of the goals is to run anywhere (including cell phones,
telephone(bayonne client), curses, etc)  I dont think that means hard to
use however.

> Is GNUe small enough for a sole proprietorship?

Certainly the goal is to go from smallest segment to largest, with the
target being somewhere in the middle.

-Derek