Windows XP file systems

Michelle Lowman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
23 Jul 2002 18:51:15 -0700

I'm sure there is someone here more knowledgeable about this than I am,
but if I remember correctly from my MCSE courses, you really don't need
NTFS for a typical user. The new NTFS has a lot of security goodies
(very fine-grained permissions, etc.), but the average user will
probably never use them. And I think that if the user ever decides to
dual boot with Linux, he'll have a much easier time trying to write to a
FAT32 partition than an NTFS partition.