KJZZ experimenting with OGG

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:59:55 -0400

If you remember, I remarked that KJZZ was only offereing live streaming via
Windows Media format.  I emailed them and got a response back from the
Webmaster in less than 24 hours.  He says, in part:

"The choice of Windows Media was simply a matter of convenience as we started
working with a new streaming service provider.  However, we are considering
some of the same audio formats you had mentioned.

"If you are interested in helping us test these alternate formats, we have
started testing a java based MP3 / Ogg Vorbis player..."

He wants me to try it out, and I will but I wanted to know if anyone else
wants to give them some feedback.  I want to guage the interest before I post
the test URL and maybe overwhelm the test server.  If you would like to test
this new streaming format from KJZZ, email me off the list so I can count
heads and warn them what is coming.  We wouldn't want to create a "slashdot"
effect if they are not ready for it.  :^)

Alan