VMware

robert jorgenson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:39:21 -0700

Okay i just setup VMware and it works great i think i can finally remove my windows partition :) A few problems though, i cant figure out how to get my parallel zip drive to work, ive narrowed it down to vmware not seeing lpt1 ... how can i make it do that? also is it possible to have VMware use a real partition and if i could, could i mount it while vmware is using it? Also i have an 8 gig partition on my disk that i use for mp3's is there a way to have VMware see that partition as an extra drive and write to it and have it mounted in linux so i can play my MP3's? i need it to do that because i use KaZaa to download my mp3's(the spyware free version) and havent been able to get it to work in wine =/ Thanks in advance for any help.

                                                         BoBB