PCMCIA driver problem...

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:51:12 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Patrick Chesser wrote:

> I have run into a samll problem and I was wondering if you could help me,
>

> Ok, here's my problem. I just installed RedHat 7.3 on a Thinkpad 600x
> with a
> Linksys PCMCIA card. I also installed the latest PCMCIA-CS package, but
> the
> drivers it come with still aren't right.
>
> So, I found an updated version of the tulip driver that my card requires
> (according to Linksys). My problem is that I can't get it compiled.

I'm not a gcc expert...

> I'm supposed to compile it with the following command:
>
> gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet
> -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c tulip.c -o tulip_cb.o
> `[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo -DMODVERSIONS`
> -DCARDBUS

This is from the Linksys (v5 pci)floppy:

"gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet
          -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c tulip.c
          '[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo
          -DMODVERSIONS`"
drop the `-o tulip_cb.o`
Hopefully there is some kind of make command specified to get this
installed since you will only be creating the .c file. This looks like it
was poorly translated into English and could account for the slip in
syntax.

HTH