Please help

bob smith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:14:18 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jeff James <theothercomputerguy@hotmail.com>
wrote:

<HR>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I know this must be something REALLY simple, but
could someone please tell me how I change my screen
resolution on the fly in RedHat 7.3 ?&nbsp;&nbsp; Or
even NOT on the fly.&nbsp; I guess something similar
to right-clicking on the desktop in "Windoze" and
choosing properties ?</P>
<P>Thanks<BR>JJ</P>
<P><BR>&nbsp;</P>

Hey Jeff,
You can use <alt> + <ctrl> + <+> to increase the
screen resolution or <alt> + <ctrl> + <-> to decrease
the screen resolution. Run Xconfigurator like Michelle
said to make sure that your XF86Config has the right
lines needed to switch resolutions.