shell scripts and directories?

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:33:43 -0400 (EDT)

It's like taking your car to the mechanic. Now
its working fine. Don't know what I did differently.
Thanks!

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, der.hans wrote:

> Put a 'pwd' after the cd to verify you changed directories. You should have

Good idea.

> What is swikit.sh? Does it exist? Is it executable?

A shell script that contains:
squeak -headless squeak.image start.st &

> Just like you did.

Now it works. Sunspots.

> If you just need it for a single commandk, then stick it in a parens.
>
> ( cd somewhere; run-command )

Ahh, nice.

> That's what it should look like if everything worked. Actually there should
> be start and stop stuff :).

Well, yeah, if I weren't so lazy :)

> Does swiki come with an example startup script?

Dunno - a friend set it up. Me and Squeak don't
get along so well. I love the language, but can't
get used to editing code within the running VM.
I'm addicted to Emacs.