GCC Next Step - Help Please

Lee Einer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:12:16 -0700

Robert, it was not my intent to insult you or cast aspersions upon
you, and I am sorry if you took it that way.

What you said was

  As an aside, now that you mention it, I do plan
  to start publishing things in OpenOffice format
  with the intent of forcing people to install it,
  but that was not the purpose in this case.

Your description of your plan was not limited to publishing a limited
group of documents to a specific group of recipients- it was a general
statement of intent to start publishing things in OpenOffice format
for the purpose of forcing people to install it, and that proposition
as stated does sound (to me, anyway) a lot like a Microsoft strategy.
I don't think that I was wrong to say so.

My comment was specifically directed at your stated plan to
intentionally force people to install specific software. My e-mail did
not contain any negative characterization of you, your character, your
motivations, etc, and (again) I am sorry if you perceived it
otherwise.

FWIW, I appreciate your contributions to this group, and the work
which you are doing with the Installfest.

--
Lee Einer

http://members.cox.net/appealsman/