Audio "cleaner" program?

Bruce and Kathy Pettycrew plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 11:30:12 -0700

>I have 45 minute of audio from an 18 year old cassette tape made on a cheap
>little hand held.  It is in the computer at 500+ MB.  Quality is barely
>passable because of the hiss of age and noise from the original recorder.
>
>I want to clean it up with some sort of audio processing program.  I haven't
>found such a thing yet.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
>Alan

Alan,

I can recommend  WaveRepair,  a shareware program
that you can get at

 http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~abcomp/wavrep.htm

You can download a free trial version that may do the job for you,
since the licensed version only adds some features that are used
mainly for removing scratch noised from LPs.  The shareware
license is about $25.

I also can recommend Clean!,  from Steinberg.  This was carried at
Fry's Electronics 6 months ago,  about  $40.

OR,  If you can burn a CD,  I will be glad to help you de-noise
the wave file,  just e-mail me.

Bruce