3.0

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 17:28:55 -0700

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 05:17:24PM -0700, Logan Kennelly wrote:

> On Friday 19 July 2002 05:06 pm, Richard L. Proctor wrote:
> > With KDE 2.2  ????
> >
> > That sucks!!
>
> I know the feeling.  I have been waiting for KDE3 packages on Debian for
> some time.  While I don't mind compiling (that is what I do at work where I
> don't have root), it kind of defeats the purpose of Debian if I have to
> bypass the package management.

I've been using Sid for some time now but not even having KDE3 _there_,
after so much time, _really_ sucks.

I occasionally find other packages I'm surprised to see missing.  Like
mplayer, for example.  But now that I've compiled that from source I
can sortof see why... just too many options depending on what hardware
you want to use, what libraries etc.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org