how to install unrar

Scott Henderson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:09:25 -0400 (EDT)

From: Logan Kennelly <voltage_spike@fastmail.fm>

>> I am installing something that requires unrar. . . .

> I went to http://www.rarlab.com/ and downloaded
> "rarlinux-3.0.tar.gz".  After unpacking ("tar
>  xzf rarlinux-3.0.tar.gz"), I was left with a rar
> directory containing both the "rar" and "unrar"
> programs.  From there, I simply ran
> "~/tmp/rar/unrar x filename.rar" (where ~/tmp
> represents the location you unpacked rarlinux).

These simple instructions got me through it.  I don't need to
pack, just unpack, so I was trying to just install unrar.  Once I
tried installing this entire rar package, it went fine.

> Note that since I rarly (get it???)

Man, if I was just more clever like that, I would have figured
out the solution to my "unrar" problem a long time ago!   :^D

> unpack rar archives . . .

Likewise, I've never unpacked one.  But I'm installing a spam
email filter tool that requires all of the possible unpacking
tools it might need to open and scan email attachments, so it's
gotta be there.

Thank a BUNCH for this help!!  You're a rar breed.   (Ooops!)

Scott