A Consumer Suggestion

Bill Nash plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:36:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, PLUG wrote:

> I have also dealt with Fry's Electronics several times.  I don't trust them
> very much even though they seem to have improved over the years.  If you are
> a knowledgable buyer you will be pretty safe, but even then you can expect to
> spend time on the very long return line.  I lived many, many years in New
> York City and I believe the expression for the majority of Fry's merchandise
> would have been "shlock".  My personal action is to shop ever so gingerly at
> Fry's and to count on little cooperation if it is needed.

	Amen. It's actually a favourite sport of mine to troll Fry's staff
to give them some insight into how clueless they really are. The only guys
sporting even a modicum of knowledge are the PC components crew. Beyond
that, it's like smashing daisies with a clue by four. Done in the right
frame of mind, it takes much of the angst out of the Fry's Experience, and
sometimes even gives you something to look forward to when going there.

 - billn