how to install unrar

Kyle OMalley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:06:10 -0700

If you've got the binaries from rarsoft.com, the syntax to
extract the archive to your current directory is rar e filename.rar

Take a look at rar --help (-? should also work) if that doesnt work.
iirc this syntax works on volumed rar archives (amazingly well compared
to winrar, for me if the rar archive is anywhere big I always move it to my p3
1gz linux machine which crunches out the end file(s) amazingly quicker
than windows.

-Kyle