2 Mount Questions

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:26:09 -0700 (PDT)

Research amd (automount daemon) and autofs, maybe you can get one of
them to do what you need.  amd is totally userspace; autofs is the
newer better method which requires kernel support.  I did get amd to
control my CD changer (mount the right CD when I change into the right
directory) but it's neither perfect nor trivial; anyway that's an
example of running an arbitrary command when mounting (except that the
mounting is triggered by the "cd" command rather than manually).  I
read that it can handle FTP too.

=====
. _______  Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)    http://ecloud.org/  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org