Question for Mandrakers

KevinO plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:37:20 -0700

Steve Crandell wrote:
> Last I checked urpmi and MandrakeUpdate were broken on Mandrake 8.1.
> Can anyone confirm this?

7.2 Mandrake = yes, MandrakeUpdate at least partially broken. How broken
depends on who you ask. I had some limited luck with it.

8.1 Mandrake = not broken. I had no problems with either urpmi or M-U on this
platform. Never use M-U to perform kernel updates, however.(on any version)
Install the rpm(s) manually and then double check your links in /boot and your
lilo/grub files. Re-run lilo to install the changes if necessary.

--
KevinO

Matz's Law:
         A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.