Connecting Two Computers

Clayton Stapleton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:21:27 -0700

I have read the following dealing with networking and TCP/IP:
        Network Administrators Guide
        Running Linux
        Networking-Overview-HOWTO
        Net-HOWTO
        Ethernet- HOWTO
        Home-Networking-mini-HOWTO
        ssh-HOWTO  (CSUA.Berkeley)
        ssh man pages

None of these covers what I am trying to accomplish. One computer is
connected to the internet with a modem that uses a dynamic IP. This computer
is connected  to a second computer using a crossover cable and an
ethernet card in each. I can ping between the two and ssh host to the other
one, so I know they are functioning in that respect.

I have assigned IP addresses for the two computers. Whether or not  they
are correct or not I no not know.

I would like to use the computer without  the modem on the internet by
utilizing the modem on the other system. I have not read how to accomplish
this from all that  I have read. There are other uses that have been hinted
at by the things that I have read on this list. It would help if there was a
USER'S GUIDE for something like this so that people like me would be able to
do some of them.

Clay Stapleton
Scottsdale, Arizona