Outsource System Admin

Gordon Chamberlin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
17 Jul 2002 13:54:19 -0700

Sorry if this should be asked somewhere else.  Is there a business
listing somewhere that has companies that do this type of work?

I have a friend who works in a small business that is looking at
potential outsourcing their System Admin functions.  They have a
heterogeneous network comprised of Linux servers, Windows 2000
desktops/laptops, and a lone Windows NT Server.

Some of the functions they are looking for are:

o design and implement disaster recover procedures which includes daily
backups across three offices

o maintain CIPE based VPN

o bring email in house, run spam halting software, e.g., SpamAssassin

o install or create a system to monitor network functions to ensure
maximum uptime

Please let me know if you have a company that does such work.

Sincerely,
 -Gordon

--
  Gordon Chamberlin             Software Architect
  Visualize, Inc.               http://www.visualize.com