SuSE annoyance 0

Robert A.Klahn plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:11:16 -0700

I agree with Bill, this has the feel of something being wrong with your X configuration.

In /etc/X11, you should have a file called XF86Config. (Unlike RedHat, the active X config file is always called "XF86Config" in SuSE.)

In that file, you should have a section that almost looks like:

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "keyboard"
  Identifier   "Keyboard[0]"
  Option       "Protocol" "Standard"
  Option       "XkbKeyCodes" "xfree86"
  Option       "XkbLayout" "us"
  Option       "XkbModel" "pc104"
  Option       "XkbRules" "xfree86"
EndSection

Actualy, this is what it SHOULD look like. You probably have "XkbLayout" equal to "de" or something like that, and you may have other differences.

Im not 100% sure about this, but I think you can make this change in YaST by going to "System", then "Select keyboard layout", then picking "English (US)".

Bob.