Deb OO install files (was: small victories)

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:41:09 -0700

> I'm not saying there isn't an OO for Debian, but there doesn't seem to
> be a single .deb file installable on a stable Debian.  The point of
> this excersize is to create the CD people were discussing for use in a
> library so people can easily install OpenOffice on their system.
> Every Debian install I've seen involves several files.

A few things, the way Debian works is it makes packages highly modular
so something like open office wont be in a single package.  Debian
stable is older than dirt, open office wasnt even a gleam in its fathers
eye at the time of potato. ;)

> This seems to be the directory that would be used by your deb
> command...
> ftp://ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice/pool/contrib/openoffice.org
>
> I can't tell which of the files in that directory are needed to
> install OpenOffice.  If you could point out which one is the actual
> OpenOffice install that a relative newbie could install, I believe
> there will be room for it after removing some of the versions I
> mentioned in another email.

I am assuming this is for english speaking folks so only including
english stuff.

openoffice.org-bin_1.0.0-4_i386.deb  34331 KB  06/18/02  14:06:00
openoffice.org-l10n-en_1.0.0-4_all.deb  14159 KB  06/18/02  11:44:00
openoffice.org_1.0.0-4.dsc  2 KB  05/30/02  10:07:00
openoffice.org_1.0.0-4_source.changes  5 KB  05/30/02  10:07:00