SuSE annoyance 0

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:46:57 -0700

0) My old motherboard+chip refused to post.
1) Got new motherboard+chip.
2) Collected e-mail.
3) Decided now was the time to switch from RH to SuSE.

4)  SuSE (8.0, personal) insists some keyboards must be in Deutsch; notably,
the initial X/KDE logon screen.  I type tshipley and it echos tshiplez.  The
other time I get a consistent German keyboard is when working in X as root.
Note that the *display* language is English in each case.

What is interesting is that user tshipley always gets a US keyboard.  Even
root gets a US keyboard as long as he doesn't want a graphic interface.
(Note however, that running a command line console under KDE presents a
German keyboard.)

Any ideas on a fix?