OSEF Involvement (fwd)

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:47:31 -0400 (EDT)

All of this sounds fantastic Justin! Thanks
very much for your interest. I'm really
interested to see the child-oriented GUI.
I'm a big fan of improving our educational
system, and exploring the ways that Free
Software can play a part!

Wireless will be a big bonus too, some people
have been asking if that would be a possibility.

Thanks for your interest, glad to have you
on board!

Bob

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Justin Zeigler wrote:

> Sir,
>    I am Justin Zeigler of the Open Source Education Foundation(OSEF).
> Harry McGregor and I attended the last PLug Installfest, and Harry gave
> a presetation on 'Linux for the Educational Desktop'. We would like to
> take part in plug's next InstallFest. OSEF has little to offer in the
> way of sponsorship (financially), but we can demonstrate educational and
> kid oriented application the run on Linux, give presentations on
> specified topics realateing to education, and we are bith proficient
> with Debian GNU/Linux (willing to help install). I also am capable
> helping with FreeBSD, Mandrake and Suse installs.
>
>    For demonstrations, we would need room for 2 Computers with 17'
> monitors (we would bring our own equipment). One system would be my 5
> year old sons system, with an interface for little kids (ages 3- 6
> years old) and a ton of application targeted at that age group. The
> other system would be showing off applications for teachers and students
> of all levels.
>
>    We can also bring Wireless (802.11b) routers. We would also bring our
> own laptops, which would use the wireless router. If any other kind of
> equpment is needed (projectors, switches, cables) I am rather certain we
> can bring along extras of those.
>
>    So I guess basically, we would like to do demonstrating, are willing
> to help install, can bring any needed support hardware, want to sponsor,
> and can do presentations if you want.
>
>    Oh, btw, I also subscribe to the plug-discuss list (since the last
> installfest). As near as I could tell, you were that one to send this
> message to, please tell me to bugger off if I got it wrong, but atleast
> throw me the bone of who I should send this message to. Oh, btw, if you
> post this to the list, please (on knees) please, remove this paragraph
> :)
>
> --
> Justin Zeigler <jzeigler@zqc.com>
> Project Impresario of GOVIA(PIG)
> govia.osef.org | jzeigler@osef.org
>
> My mind is like a rusty trap, you never know when, or if, it is
> going to go off, and someone is likely to get tetanus when it does.

 "We need commonsense judges who understand that our rights were
 derived from God. Those are the kind of judges I intend to put on
 the bench." President George W. Bush, 27 June 2002
 http://www.nando.net/politics/story/453192p-3627921c.html

 "no religious Test shall ever be required" Constitution Article 6
 http://www.law.emory.edu/FEDERAL/usconst/art-6.html