Perl question

JD Austin IV plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:49:22 -0000 (GMT)

I assume you're using Apache, in which case you would use the ForceType
directive in http.conf (something like this):
<Location /post>
 ForceType cgi-script
</Location>

This will cause the file 'post' to be treated as a directory as far as the
user is concerned, and run the file called post.  You need to look at
REQUEST_URI(everything before the first ?) and possibly the QUERY_STRING
(everything after the ?) environment variable and split it on '/' to parse
out the parameters.

I've done this with other languages but not CGI, so the type I put above
may be incorrect.
JD Austin IV