Perl question

Kimi A. Adams plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:52:43 -0700

We are trying to run a perl program where when you type in a URL or click a
link for a specific URL, that the path includes a perl program but it's not
viewed with the .cgi or .pl or other extensions.

I am not sure if this is the appropriate way to ask this.  So, we are doing
something like this for the
would like it to look like
this:  www.unitywave.com/testm/post/username/filename.html  In trying to
run this from the server:  perl testm.cgi, it works.  It also works when
you move testm.cgi to testm and run the same command using just testm.  But
when we go to the website, using that testm instead of the .cgi? it shows
the program rather than the output like it does on the server.

We want to do this so that a path is shown to the customer, rather than the
extensions and characters.  However, I am at a draw as to whether this is
httpd.conf that controls this or if it's the program that is running, i.e.
perl or cgi.

I would appreciate having responses sent to hotwater@minhthao.com.  That's
my programmer Minh.  I will be in and out and may not be watching the list.

Thanks.

Kimi Adams
Unity Wave
602-375-5363