Install Fest Marketing

Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:09:39 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Robert Bushman so:

> I love this. Got a good name in mind? (or is Install
> Fest still a good name, even though there will be
> more to it?)

For now I've been thinking we'll stick with InstallFest. After IF2 I would
like to change the format to be more along the lines of what I suggested.
Maybe we do it this time, but I wanted successful InstallFests on both sides
of town before moving to concentrate on the other aspects.

I like building on successful operations. We're doing that with the
debarment issue. Monday was a good success. We're starting other things
based on that.

Possibilities:

GNU/Linux on Parade
PLUG Presents
G/LEC - GNU/Linux Expo, Localized
G/LEA - GNU/Linux Expo for AZ
Phoenix Linux Expo
AZ GNU/Linux Symposium
AZ Linux Conferences
freie Software für Alle  ( a play on free beer that some might get :)
FSFAZ - Free Software Symposium of AZ
SWITCH - State-Wide IT Conference for Hsomething...

> Also, how about a catch phrase for the deployed base
> drive? "10% of Maricopa" or something. Catch phrases
> are good marketing.

That's not bad. It's probably not realistic short term, but Free Software
can sell itself when allowed, so that might be feasable. I think that would
constitute about 300,000 GNU/Linux installations.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Don't step in front of speeding cars, don't eat explosives