A request for web assistance

Fred Wright plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:38:01 -0700

--=====================_4020403==_.ALT

I got this from the Lockergnome Penguin Shell.  Does anyone have the
interest/ability to lend a hand?
Helping Hand
Scribbled by Karl Steenblik

"Dear Linux community at Lockergnome.

"I am the web master for largest health care camp in the State of Utah. No
not Cancer camp it is the Diabetic camp.

"The Foundation for Children and Youth with Diabetes serves about 900
diabetic children a year and their families. We have education, family
support, diet planning and most important is camp. The place where kids can
learn about how to better manage their disease.

"We are a totally non profit camp that puts all money from fees into our
camp. We pay no salaries to Physicians, Dietitians, Social Workers, Nurses
and educators that make our camp possible. Yes even me the lowly web master
donates his time and web space at ATT to the cause.

"ATT recently decided to pull access to our photo page due to a password
protection. We give out a password to all parents so that they can see
photos of camp while the sessions are happening. We do not however what the
creeps of the web to have access to photos of our kids.

"We are looking for someone in the state to help our camp by donating web
space. Now it may not be your organization, but I know Linux people and
Lockergnome and I think someone there may know someone who would be able to
help us.

"You can still have access to the public part of our site that ATT has not
shut down at www.fcyd-inc.org.

"Please I have the parents of 120 diabetic kids wanting to see photos of
their children. They are all e-mailing me and I have no one to turn to.

"Hoping to hear from someone soon."

Karl R Steenblik
Webmaster FCYD camp
Salt Lake City.

Fred Wright
fawright@earthlink.net
--=====================_4020403==_.ALT

I got this from the Lockergnome Penguin Shell.&nbsp; Does anyone have the
interest/ability to lend a hand?<br>
=========================================================================<br>
Helping Hand<br>
&quot;Dear Linux community at Lockergnome.<br><br>
&quot;I am the web master for largest health care camp in the State of
Utah. No not Cancer camp it is the Diabetic camp.<br><br>
&quot;The Foundation for Children and Youth with Diabetes serves about
900 diabetic children a year and their families. We have education,
family support, diet planning and most important is camp. The place where
kids can learn about how to better manage their disease.<br><br>
&quot;We are a totally non profit camp that puts all money from fees into
our camp. We pay no salaries to Physicians, Dietitians, Social Workers,
Nurses and educators that make our camp possible. Yes even me the lowly
web master donates his time and web space at ATT to the cause.<br><br>
&quot;ATT recently decided to pull access to our photo page due to a
password protection. We give out a password to all parents so that they
can see photos of camp while the sessions are happening. We do not
however what the creeps of the web to have access to photos of our
kids.<br><br>
&quot;We are looking for someone in the state to help our camp by
donating web space. Now it may not be your organization, but I know Linux
people and Lockergnome and I think someone there may know someone who
would be able to help us.<br><br>
&quot;You can still have access to the public part of our site that ATT
has not shut down at www.fcyd-inc.org.<br><br>
&quot;Please I have the parents of 120 diabetic kids wanting to see
photos of their children. They are all e-mailing me and I have no one to
turn to.<br><br>
&quot;Hoping to hear from someone soon.&quot;<br><br>
Karl R Steenblik<br>
Webmaster FCYD camp<br>
Salt Lake City.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>