Marketing

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:10:42 -0700

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 06:10 pm, Michelle Lowman wrote:
> My first distro was Mandrake 7.1, and my favorite thing about it when I
> installed it was that it came with an older version of PartitionMagic, so I
> didn't have to have a panic attack when it came to partitioning. We might
> think about including something like that with the checkout cd's. (I don't
> know of too many M$ users who would be comfortable using fips.)

I'd suggest starting at a more basic level with SuSE LiveEval or DemoLinux.
There is no way they can mess up their box (and blame us)!

Someone out there is putting out a CD with nothing but OS & FS software
(redundant, I know) that runs on Windows. A good idea I think. Get them use
to the apps and then moving to Linux won't seem so big a jump.

- Dennis