Red Hat Newbie - What do I really need?

Austin Godber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
09 Jul 2002 17:15:37 -0700

--=-OYbqVWbAdLgBvSqbdcOQ

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 16:21, Matt Alexander wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Craig Smith wrote:
> > What is the difference between 7.2 and 7.3? Will
> > "up2date" update my 7.2 to 7.3?
>=20
> 7.3 includes KDE 3.0, which you'll probably want.  I haven't used up2date
> so I can't comment.

I don't think up2date is a free service/product.  Either way, I haven't
used it since a long time ago.  I have had decent luck using Ximian's
Red-Carpet.  If you install the Ximian Gnome desktop or just the base
package with evolution (a decent email client) you will get Red-Carpet.=20
And you can keep your red hat distro up to date along with the ximian
packages and open office ... there are several other things you can keep
updated with.  It seems to work pretty well.

Austin

--=-OYbqVWbAdLgBvSqbdcOQ

--=-OYbqVWbAdLgBvSqbdcOQ--