Using SSH without a password

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:26:11 -0400 (EDT)

Try "man ssh" and look in the section on protocol
version 2 about $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys. This
is passwordless. Requires having a public key
pair, with the private half on your client, and
the public half on the server.

If you do this, your server will allow access
to anyone who can get the private half from
your client machine - so make sure your client
box doesn't get compromised.