OpenOffice

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:48:29 -0400 (EDT)

I have it on Mandrake 8.1 (on several machines) and
on my Win2K machine - several others using it on their
Win2K machines. We have all tried saving files back
and forth to Word, Excel, PowerPoint (just for the oooh,
aaaah, factor :). No reported errors (though Open Office
0.x and StarOffice 5.x both had numerous bugs).

Have not seen a lockup with OpenOffice 1.0 on any
machine, though did have some troubles with StarOffice
6 installed from RPM (via MandrakeClub). Not lockup,
but the app would crash if I used /usr/bin/soffice
then tried to save. I had to use
/usr/local/share/StarOffice-6.0/program/soffice

Bob